I was nominated by the very lovely Ami – to answer 73 questions all about me and then nominate another 12 people to answer the same questions…
1. What is your usual Starbucks order? I’m more of a Costa gal, but I’m a sucker for an iced caramel latte, mmm.
2. What does your work station look like right now? For my 20th birthday my Grandad bought me a beautiful desk to go in my ‘home office’, my mum also bought me a bookcase too, full of uni textbooks. It’s pretty cluttered right now, but I love sitting here.
3. All-time favourite food? I bloody love a Chinese or my mother-in-law-to-be makes a mean roast dinner.
4. Favourite author? J.K. Rowling for bringing the wonderful Harry Potter into my life, Sarah Knight for her motivational books, I also like Christopher Berry-Dee for his crime books. Pretty much any true crime author.
5. What do you think of open relationships? Personally, I think I would struggle in one. But if it works for anyone else, then go for it. It’s none of my business what anyone else does in their relationship.
6. What is your favourite video game? I loved Spyro and Sims growing up, I can’t remember the last time I played a game video or otherwise myself. I’m semi-addicted to the new Harry Potter game which is like Pokemon Go.
7. Guilty pleasure treat? I ❤ doughnuts or pancakes.
8. Favourite movie? All of the Harry Potter films. I really enjoy the Avengers films too. I can’t narrow it down to just one.
9. Favourite book? It’s hard to narrow it down to just one, but I love most serial killer and true crime books. I’m weird I know.
10. Twitter or Instagram? I enjoy them both for different reasons, I love taking photos so that’s why I enjoy Instagram because it’s like an online scrapbook. But Twitter is fun to connect with other bloggers and vent.
You can find my accounts here:
11. Desktop or laptop? I love my laptop.
12. Best advice you’ve ever received? I struggled with this one. In the past, I have rarely sought advice from others, which I know is hypocritical of me. I get a lot of advice/ motivational quotes from Pinterest which makes keeps me going when it feels like no one else gets it and it needs to come from within me.
13. What project are you working on right now? I’m having fun with my little blog. I’m working towards finishing this year of my masters and getting myself back to where I was this time last year mentally.
14. Favourite colour? It depends on what it is, but I really like white, grey, and black.
15. Did you get good grades at school? Given the circumstances, I think I did okay. I got good enough grades to get me into the college I wanted to go and did much much better at A-levels. I guess things just worked out.
16. Dream job? This one is really hard for me, I always had a plan of how my career would go. But now I’m in a lull and I’m questioning everything and my sense of purpose. I’d still like to think I can become a probation officer or something still working with mental health and crime, but I guess we’ll just have to see.
17. Played any sports? I used to love gymnastics and doing sports when I was in school, but I started smoking more after my dad died and had absolutely no stamina (or patience) for anything lol.
18. Do you have a degree? A 2:1 in BSc Criminology and Psychology, working towards my MSc in Forensic Psychology. Fingers and toes crossed.
19. Nationality? British.
20. What is your favourite kind of blog post to do? I tend to get carried away by the posts which raise awareness to mental health and anything I’ve had personal experience in. I’m still working out how much of my mental health stories I want to share on my little space on the internet, but at the moment I’m trying to turn it into useful advice for others.
21. What do you like to collect? I have a growing collection of Harry Potter memorabilia, I have over 20 MAC lipsticks, and I love to collect memories in my scrapbook.
22. Describe yourself in three words? Thoughtful, self-critical and stubborn.
23. If you were a rapper, what would your rapper name be? I used to get called Jay-Z because they were trying to make it a joke about my name, but I haven’t got a clue.
24. Who was the last person you DM’d? Brad.
25. What is on the top of your wish list right now? To be mentally well, to feel genuine happiness and stability for the first time this year.
26. Sorting house? Gryffindor.
27. How many tattoos do you have? Unfortunately, one. I would love to get it covered up as soon as I can though.
28. What are you most grateful for this year? How supportive my fiance has been. I’ve found this year really difficult and he just keeps picking me up, dusting me off and making me try again.
29. What’s the best thing that’s happened to you this month? Again, this month has been hard. I guess I’m grateful for having an understanding GP listen to me when I spoke about my mental health. I also went on a trip to HMP Grendon and Springhill which was a pretty awesome day.
30. What’s the best thing that’s happened to you today? Today hasn’t been particularly good or bad. I guess the best thing is that I haven’t had any bad news.
31. What’s the best thing ever? Being happy. Being in love. Being on holiday. Being stable.
32. Favourite season? Summer.
33. Favourite holiday? Christmas.
34. What fictional character do you relate to the most? I really, really don’t know about this one… I don’t tend to read fiction books.
35. Do you like surprises? I would like to say yes, unless it’s a birthday cake being brought out in TGI Fridays and they make you stand on the chair whilst everyone sings, then no.
36. What’s the biggest surprise you’ve ever had? This time last year I received my grade and graduated from the University of Southampton. I can’t believe I actually did it.
37. What’s the surprise that made you cry? When Bradley proposed. I was so overwhelmingly happy and in shock, it was the best day of my life. I wish I wasn’t so much in shock so I could remember what Brad looked like on one knee.
38. What’s the best surprise you’ve ever given someone? In comparison to what he’s given me its nothing, but I love it when I used to be able to surprise Brad with something he’s wanted for ages like his apple watch or switch.
39. Do you like muffins? Yaaas.
40. Do you cook often? Brad’s a faaar better cook than me, I just let him get on with it lol.
41. What’s your favourite dessert? Either brownie or warm chocolate cake, cookie dough or crepes. Definitely, Nutella filled crepes, ugggggh.
42. Is there a dessert you don’t like? I’m not a massive fan of fruity-puddings, or cheesecake, or tarts etc.
43. Cake or pie? Caaaaaaake.
44. What’s your least favourite food? I don’t like celery/ leeks/ parsnips/ swede etc.
45. What’s your favourite condiment? Ketchup or BBQ sauce.
46. It’s 4am on a Saturday night, what would you eat? Mcdonald’s chicken nuggets or pancakes.
47. If you could teach a college class, what would it be called? Mental Health Awareness.
48. Best animated film? I’ll always love Shrek.
49. What has a guy/or girl done or said to impress you? Tbf, Brad just impresses me by being so different from all the other boys/men (whatever you wanna call them) that I know.
50. The best thing to do on a date? Lots of laughter.
51. The worst thing to do on a date? Thankfully I’ve not been on many dates, so I can only imagine what sorts of things can go wrong!
52. What is the funniest pick-up line a guy/ girl could use on a girl/ guy? Pick up lines have always grossed me out. My dad used to go up to random women in the street and tell them they’ve just dropped something, when they turned round to realise it was nothing and look at him he would say ‘my phone number’. Gross.
53. Best comic book character? Iron Man.
54. What are three things that are always in your purse? Water bottle, phone, hand sanitiser.
55. Favourite drink? Cold: Coca-Cola/ Pepsi/ Lemon Fanta. Hot: caramel latte.
56. If you could play a historical character, who would it be? Marie Stopes was pretty damn cool with her developments in birth control and sex education.
57. Kittens or puppies? Puppies, always.
58. Favourite sushi roll? I’ve never tried sushi!
59. What kind of lipstick do you use? I seem to collect MAC lipsticks, can’t get enough of ’em. They’re my favourite.
60. What kind of foundation do you use? I use the MAC Studio Fix foundation in NW13.
61. Blow dry or air dry? As much effort as it is, I love the feeling after a blow dry!
62. Who is your fashion icon? I don’t think I have one…
63. Favourite Disney character? I always loved Belle when I was growing up.
64.What are you doing tomorrow? I’m getting my haircut – ready to chop (most of) it off!
65. Movie you laughed the hardest through? The first time I watched Thor: Ragnarock I wet myself (not literally) with laughter.
66. A movie that made you cry? I’ve never cried at a film…
67. If you could sing a duet with someone who would it be? I’m an awful singer so I’ll save everyone’s ears by not.
68. If your life were a song, what would the title be? Migraine – Twenty-One Pilots / Manic Monday – The Bangles.
69. Favourite animal? Elephants or goats.
70. Favourite illustrator? I don’t know if this counts but I love Morgan Harper Nichols, for the illustrations and the quotes. My Pinterest is filled with her stuff.
71. The person you want to have coffee with? Just like if I listed a celebrity here, it would never happen, so I pick my Nan. So much has happened since shes passed, I would love to sit with her for a while, catch up and ask her opinions for my wedding as she would have loved to have planned it with me.
72. What’s the country you wish to visit? For somewhere new, I’d love to go to America. For somewhere I’ve been before, I’d love to go back to Italy.
73. Best ways to decompress? I like to get into a bed of fresh sheets, new PJs, stick any of the HP films on, read a book or do some online shopping, with candles and fairy lights on.
Ta-dah! I know that no-one probably needed to know any of those answers, but it was fun being picked to answer them!
Here are my 12 nominees, I can’t wait to read your answers to these 73 questions!
1 Sarah – A Woman’s Confidence
2 Charlotte – Time To Talk
4 Leo – The Anxious History Teacher
5 Rosie – Rosiesx
6 Vanessa – The Wellbeing Blogger
7 Zoe-Meghan – Zoe Meghan Blogs
8 Elizabeth – Uncustomary Housewife
9 Grace-Elizabeth My Voice Brand New
10 Gemma – Help Me, I’m Adulting
11 Abbey – Abbey’s Chronicles
12 Irum – Irum… IDK